Volkswagen Golf 5 2004 and VW Rabbit GTI 2006 Communication systems
All models of Golf 5 and Golf 6 Rabbit GTI
Communication systems include:
- Radio "Premium Sound System" which consists of an MP3 readable radio head unit with integrated 6 disc CD changer
- Optional radio "Premium Sound System - Satellite Radio" which consists of the "Premium" radio head unit with Satellite Radio capability
- Optional "Radio - Navigation System" which consists of the "Premium" radio head unit with Navigation display and Satellite Radio capability
- From 06.06 production, radio and radio-navigation systems include a separate amplifier.
- From 06.06 production, radio and radio-navigation systems may also include iPod (R) connectivity via a device cradle (not confirmed at time of publication).
- Multi-function steering wheel
- Radio system-specific loudspeakers and rear window antenna systems
- Compass function of Multi-function Indicator (MFI) Before troubleshooting or servicing, technicians must be familiar with the functions and operation specifics of the standard or optional communication system. Always read the owners manual and review applicable system functions.
Before troubleshooting or servicing VW Golf Communication system, technicians must be familiar with the functions and operation specifics of the standard or optional communication system. Always read the owners manual and review applicable system functions.
- Golf Owners Manual
- Self Study Program - Course Number 892503 "The 2006 new GTI Introduction"
- Wiring Diagrams Component Locations
When disconnecting and reconnecting battery terminals, observe all applicable Notes and torque specifications, as well as instructions on performing OBD program and electrical system function checks as specified in Repair Manual, Electrical Equipment, Repair Group 27, Battery, disconnecting and reconnecting
On Board Diagnostic (OBD), functions
Communication systems have On Board Diagnostic (OBD) capability. If malfunctions occur in monitored components, Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) will be stored in memory. Troubleshoot communication system malfunctions by performing OBD program using Vehicle Diagnosis, Testing and Information System VAS 5051/5052 in operating mode "Guided Fault Finding".
NOTICE about Volkswagen Golf 5 2004 and VW Rabbit GTI 2006 Communication systems PDF download
Try to upgrade your browser. Using and downloading modern browser 'up-to-date' should solve your problem in most cases.
|Navigate through the articles|
|Volkswagen Golf Owners Manual 2007||Volkswagen Golf 2 and Jetta 1983-1992 Service and Repair Manual|